Sunday, September 21, 2008

New Smyrna Speedway

We took our kids to the New Smyrna Speedway tonight and they had a ball :) Anyone who knows my husband knows that he LOVES the races! He pretty much lived at the Bakersfield Speedway when he was growing up. His dad has been an announcer there for over 10 yrs and before that he was a driver. I have of course become quite accustomed to the race track as well through the years of our marriage. So Naturally he found a couple Speedway's here in Florida not too far from where we live. We also live pretty close to Daytona and I know his dream is to go the the Daytona 500 one day :) My poor little Brody was the one most excited about going to the races, and when we got there he was not into the NOISY part of it! If you've been to the race track you know how loud it can be!
He was literally shaking and shivering from the loud noise at first.
So daddy got him some ear plugs and slowly he came around and was a happy camper!
The kids rooting for their favorite car to win
Of course Trae was in Heaven the whole time being his normal CRAZY and SILLY self
Trae was happy when Brody finally started enjoying the race

This guy didn't win but he came in second :)
Don't get too comfortable in there buddy! You're not racing cars anytime soon!
Trae, Denali, Brody and Tyson


9 comments:

Tara said...

I am so glad you guys are having so much fun and enjoying your new home! It's good to keep busy and plus when you do fun things it helps you to like the place you are living better. I hope you are feeling good!!

Sundbergs said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Glad the boys loved it too.

Haskins said...

Your little boys are soooo cute!!! I wish you lived closer so we could of got our kids together but I am so glad that your having fun!

Linz&jon said...

Brody is so cute with his earplugs. thats hillairious.

Chris Sambrano said...

Oh my boys look sooooo adorable! I just can't wait to squeeze them when I come out in November. I'm surprised that Brody was that way since he loves cars. Well, the little ones he plays with aren't loud!!! He's so cute! Well, gotta get back to work. Love ya all and miss you sooooo much! mom

michelle taggart said...

i just love your boys! they are so stinkin cute. trae looks so grown up. miss and love you all! xo xox xo

Susan B said...

Nikki
Your boys are so cute! And grown up. Glad to hear your adjusting a little to Florida. Your a trooper. Take care-
Tara's mom

Shannon said...

It's weird...when I see pictures it seems like ur not even gone. They are so freakin cute!

Linz&jon said...

hahaha that is the funniest thing ever!!! but i'm happy he said hey theres lindsay.